Position Type: Part-time
Salary: $28 / hour; up to 12 hrs / week
Responsible for Museum-wide bookkeeping activities that include a thorough knowledge of Museum accounts and procedures. Maintains accounts payable and accounts receivable; including processing of payroll. Provide monthly reporting on all accounts associated to the museum. Preparation of annual taxes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains accounts payable, including processing vendor invoices to insure expenses are posted to correct accounts, and that amounts to be paid are correct. Also includes data entry of invoices, preparation of aging reports and open invoice reports, weekly processing of checks for payment, mailing and filing.
- Maintains Accounts Receivable, including the maintenance of customer accounts, generation of Rental and Tour receivable invoices and statements, and recording of payments.
- Maintains petty cash balances and associated requests for cash.
- Prepares and records daily cash deposits, including sales from all revenue producing areas in the museum’s gift shop.
- Prepare summary sheets for each deposit for entry into accounting software and maintaining deposit files.
- Oversees Staff requests for use of credit cards.
- Acts as an enthusiastic advocate and personal representative for the
- Museum in the community by promoting its resources, programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, and MIP or other accounting software experience strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all professional matters.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with staff, vendors, and others to whom you represent the institution.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, climb stairs, walk moderate distances, stand, sit and word process for long periods and have the ability to hear on the telephone or in personal conversations, speak clearly on the phone and in person, and have visual acuity.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Bookkeeper”.